Sunday, October 02, 2005

Yesterday

Additional chores accomplished yesterday:
  • laundry
  • grocery shopping
  • dishes


Do dishes count as a chore when I have a dishwasher?

I discovered that my dishwasher "helpfully" resets itself after every wash, so even though I had set all the settings how I like (heat water, heated dry, pots & pans) when I first got the dishwasher, it had turned all those settings off after the first wash. No wonder my dishes were so wet all the time! In this humid place, I need heated dry. Up in Winnipeg I'd never use that, but down here I do. I want it to heat the water since I'm so far from the water heater, and I want it to use the pots & pans cycle, because half my wash is always pots. I had assumed large push-buttons wouldn't reset themselves, but they did. *sigh*

H's sock yarn came yesterday, which is perfect... I'm nearly done Jess's socks. I think I'll quickly finish them up today so that I can mail them tomorrow when I'm near the post office anyway... I have an appointment at Student Health, which is in that direction.

My replacement ball of orange yarn came too. :) I had started the blue crayon, but now I can finish off the orange. Or continue with the blue. Or start the green or purple... ;)

I've done several more centimeters of Weasley's sleeves. I'm over 30cm now. (I don't have an up-to-the-minute measurement.) I'd like to finish Weasley off, so I have another FO. :) (Socks don't seem to feel much like FOs any more, since I'm always finishing and starting them.)

I started creating a crocheted Sophie bag with my yummy raspberry Cascade 200 Quatro yarn. Are you excited Deneen? I'm finally getting around to converting the pattern as promised! ;) Sophie makes a great project bag, so it'll be cool to have another. :)

I watched "Commander in Chief" last night. It was pretty good. I'm glad they have an "encore presentation" Saturday nights, because I already have two favourite shows on Tuesday, which is also SNB night. (Why is nearly all the good TV on Tuesdays?) I was curious what it would be like. It was quite good... and maybe it'll even convince some of the dark-ages Americans that a woman *can* be president. (My comment to the president-that-died: if you didn't want a woman doing all of the vice president's duties, you shouldn't have asked a woman to be your running mate. Don't ask her as just a publicity stunt, and then ask her to resign! Sheesh.)

This morning I've started cleaning already... I sprayed the shower tub & tiles with Chlorox, as well as the bathroom sink. I'm currently letting the bleach do it's mildew-killing job, while I do other stuff out here where I can still breathe. (Bleach and my lungs don't get along well, but it's a necessary evil.) Soon I'll go in and do the actual scrubbing/rinsing part, and have my shower at the same time. (Hey... as long as I'm getting wet anyway...)

I haven't done much else yet this morning. I slept late, folded the last of my laundry, ate breakfast, and talked to my mom on the phone.

Since I have all my regular chores taken care of, today *will* be a day of cleaning. Punctuated by procrastination, of course.

5 comments:

Deneen said...

Yes, I am excited, more than you will ever know.

Anonymous said...

I have horrible reactions to a lot of cleaners... I've found that certain cleaners (scrubbing bubbles for one) I can use and be okay. Others I need to dilute or wear something over my nose/mouth.

You are so fast! Your socks are going to take me a little while... hope that's okay. :( They're a little ... complicated. :)

noricum said...

Not a problem Jess. You made it easy on me by wanting ankle socks. :) Take as long as you need. I wanted to make you socks whether or not you made me socks.

Anonymous said...

oh I know! I had already picked out this particular pattern for you and was going to make it for you before we talked anyway. :) hee.

do you have reactions to people wearing perfume/smelly lotion/etc? those are the worst for me most of the time!

[and I'm glad you're apparently not allergic to wool. :) ]

noricum said...

Yep, I react to perfume and anything scented. :P I especially hate it when people wear perfume on a flight... excuse me, but I have no choice of my seat-mates, and I'm not allowed to switch seats... out of courtesy, could you *please* refrain from putting your perfume on until *after* the flight?!?

When I was a TA, I asked my students to not wear perfume if they knew in the morning they wanted to come ask me a question. I told them I'd be better at answering their questions if I could focus on the questions rather than my reactions to the perfumes. ;)