Sunday, October 16, 2005

Weasley, and the Digital Camera Autotimer

I borrowed Fever Pitch (enjoyable), and finished up seaming Weasley.

Here's Weasley, in all his finished glory:
Weasley

I thought I should model a shot too. Since I don't have anyone else to hold the camera and take the picture, I played with the autotimer feature.

First I placed the camera on Ms Dee. Hmmm... not so good:
IMG_7436

Maybe the other direction would be better. I put the camera on the dining room table:
IMG_7437
Hmmm... the letter looks crooked. I'll try again:
IMG_7438
Well, that was straighter, but still not a great shot. Maybe an outdoor shot will look better.

Here's me sitting at the somewhat more scenic front office:
IMG_7440
Where the opposite curb is way too far away, and the curve of the street is eating my foot.

I noticed some nicely placed raised flowerbeds on my way to the grocery store:
IMG_7441
Hmmm... I'm not too fond of the placement of my legs. Another try:
IMG_7442
Well, now I can't see the letter. Another try:
IMG_7443
It would help if I could point the camera at me.

Oh well, good enough. Time to do my grocery shopping and get on with things.

I actually have two ends remaining to weave in, but I thought I'd try to close up some holes created by my sloppy picking-up of stitches around the neck. I'll give that a shot during Grey's Anatomy. Maybe.

I declare Weasley finished. He is, after all, functional. ;)

11 comments:

H said...

Yeah, Andrea!

I hope the Weasley will come to Winnipeg in December, where it might be more useful than it appears to be right now. (Shorts and a Weasley? Does not compute!)

Julie said...

I LOVE that you took so many photos and posted them all. ;o) I thought I was the only one who did that (okay, sure, I don't post 'em but I take them like crazy!)

Ruth said...

That looks just great, and you look deservedly proud to have finished.

noricum said...

Well, I put a tank top on this morning, and it was slightly chilly out. Or, at least, warm enough for a t-shirt. I was hoping to find someone friendly looking to take my picture.

It'll definitely be more useful in Winnipeg!

Aren't digital camera's great?!

Thanks everyone! This is my *first* knit sweater! I love Weasley! :)

jess said...

hooray! congratulations on your first knit sweater! It looks great! :D

Tara said...

That's awesome! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Andrea! I love the Weasley. The Sophie purse is cool, too.

Sallie

alison said...

Awesome!!! What a great job you did. Congrats!

Rebecca said...

looks great!!
i'm so glad to see i'm not the only one that obsesses over having 'the' picture :)

yay for you!!

noricum said...

Thanks everyone! :)

Jenny said...

Congrats on finishing your first sweater! It looks awesome, and fits you better than many of my sweaters have fit me. Now if it would stop being 80-odd degrees out, I could start wearing things like that. Great job!
-Jenny in NC