Saturday, October 29, 2005

Fun with B

B's fairly new in town, and Friday it was her birthday. Birthdays require celebrating, cake, friends, silly photos, and poorly sung versions of "happy birthday to you".

I like leftover cupcakes, and baking produces heat, so I volunteered to bake some. Thursday night I produced somewhat lumpy cupcakes. I'm not sure why they were lumpy... I've never had that problem before.

Since I was being nice to B for her birthday, I also turned the heat on Friday evening, even though it was already 63F in the house. ;) Before she came I turned it up to 65F, to make sure that I got rid of the burning smell before our "party". She still found it a bit chilly, so I upped the temperature to 67F. That must have been good enough, because she didn't resort to the long johns she had brought. Thick socks, yes. I would have turned it up a bit more had she asked, though.

Here's B suffering me singing:
B's Birthday

And here's a slightly better photo taken just after she blew out the candle:
B's Birthday

I had a package of 24 candles, but since that wasn't enough anyway, and I wasn't sure how silly she thought me, I only used one candle.

Afterwards we knit and watched "The Nightmare Before Christmas" on DVD. Tivoli is now back to pre-frog progress, and the crayon for *my* blanket is at the point.

I kicked B out fairly early (for Friday night standards) because I had to be at school at 9am this morning. Which meant I had to get up shortly after 7am. That's way too early for a Saturday. :P I left the heat set at 60F so I wouldn't have too hard a time getting out of bed. This morning was a "Science Saturday" for high school seniors. I was a bit of a zombie, but performed reasonably well.

Afterwards I walked home... since I had *just* missed the hourly bus. My feet were a bit sore by the end... I haven't been exercising them much lately. It was a beautiful day for a walk, though, and there wasn't too much traffic making noise and smelling things up.

Then a phone call with dad, and a nap. Until B came again. :) (My, I'm being social this weekend! I wonder if S is coming tomorrow?) We went to the "Really, Really Free Market" in Carrboro, and I actually got rid of everything I brought! Even the cardboard box I had put stuff in! Wow... that's *so* nice! I got rid of some clutter. :)

B gained a bit of "clutter" though... but it was useful clutter. ;)

We also stopped in the NC Crafts Gallery where I *almost* bought someone a Christmas present, but I couldn't decide which to get. Then a brief stop at Yarns, Etc to pet the alpaca yarn. I did leave some cash behind there... the owner sold me Cornelia Tutte Hamilton's Noro Book One at a discount, since she doesn't stock Noro yarn. (She recently aquired a yarn shop in Raleigh, and she's doing some "decluttering" herself.) I really want Book Two, but there were some awesome patterns in Book One as well, and the price was right. ;)

Oh... and no Eucalan at Yarns, Etc, but she's thinking of carrying it. She normally has something similar in stock, but was out when I was there.

Okie doke... I think that just about covers everything, and it's past my bedtime. Night!

No comments: