Wednesday, October 19, 2005

KnitPicks Shine

KnitPicks Shine Swatch
KnitPicks Shine Swatch

Wow. I love, love, love the feel of KnitPicks Shine! I bought seven balls of Shine a while back (six in River, one in Green Apple) to make a Tivoli Tee with a contrasting neck and hem. However, I made myself wait until I had finished Weasley before starting Tivoli.

Weasley is *done*! Tivoli should be quick, because it's in the round.

However, I had bought size 5 circulars. Tivoli is now Picovoli, and requires size 4 circulars. Oops. (I checked the copy of old Tivoli I had saved, and that one actually called for size 6, so I have no idea what I was thinking, beyond that Weasley called for size 5.)

However, before I go out and buy another pair (or two, to get the different lengths required) of circulars, I thought I'd do a gauge swatch. I seem to be on gauge, but the pattern also warns of blooming cotton, and that the gauge swatch should be washed. So Tivoli/Picovoli will have to wait until this weekend at the earliest. (Laundry day is Saturday.)

I think once I have yarn money again, I'll be making *lots* of sweaters out of this marvelous yarn!

Good night... I'm actually getting to bed at a reasonable hour tonight. :))

1 comment:

hi, i'm natalie said...

I was wondering about this yarn - but I swear my budget didn't really know that it's nice. It's just so darn thrifty... and I do have the free shipping code... :P