Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Getting Better

Well, I was much better than usual at getting in to school this morning. I caught the 9:14 bus. However, I had planned last night that I was going to make the 8:35 bus. Oops.

I started off pretty good... I was in bed by 11pm. I hadn't done all my reading for this morning's meeting, but I was planning on being in by 9, which would give me an hour to do the reading. I left my radio set for 7 and buzzer for 8, assuming that if I was in bed early enough, I'd have the willpower to get up with just the radio.

The radio went off at 7. "Just five minutes of listening" turned into falling asleep for another 45. Whoops. However, I did pull myself together and get up at that point... much better than hitting the snooze button on my alarm a half dozen times. ;)

Speaking of a half dozen, there were a half dozen or so bluebirds playing in my back yard this morning. They were fun to watch for a few minutes. (I was tempted to watch them longer, but was already behind schedule.)

It's also turned rather chilly here. The other day I had the AC on, and now I'm trying to resist turning the heat on! It was 61 F in my apartment this morning. I was doing fine until half way through breakfast, when my body temperature dropped. I was then cold for the rest of the morning. I put on my tuque, made from a bulky baby alpaca and silk blend yarn, and that helped. It seemed a little silly wearing a tuque in the house, but it was better than turning the heat on. I'm resisting turning the heat on for as long as possible. I don't want to find out what's happened to the natural gas rates. :P Plus, there's that whole burned-hair smell the first time it comes on. Yuck!

Speaking of which, it's time to change the air filter. I didn't do it before P came, and mid-October was it's 3 month due date.

And speaking of cleaning for P, the dust bunnies are coming back! What gives? It's only been three weeks or so since I swept. Sheesh. ;)

Well, anyways, I made it in a little after 9:30, finished a reasonable amount of reading by 10, and J wasn't there. He had lost track of time. We met at 10:30, but only had time to go through two paragraphs. I guess this means I'm ahead on my reading for next time! ;) However, I do have an assignment... write a brief definition and short example for all the important terms so far. I had been thinking of that on my own, but now it's official. ;)

This matriod stuff is pretty cool, and working together with J is really increasing my understanding of it.

Oh... and my theory on why it's turned cold? I decided to wash and block Weasley on Sunday. (I used Woolite, since I don't have Eucalan. I've heard Woolite is harsh, but I figured once wouldn't hurt it.) It's been too warm for Weasley for ages, and now that he's damp and will take about a week to dry (I'm estimating), it's nippy out. Murphy, you got me again. Turning the heat on would probably help Weasley dry faster. Maybe I'll go at him with a hair dryer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[you can also use hair conditioner on weasley.]

the hair dryer works, just be sure it's on 'cool' or 'air only' not heat. ;)

I just washed Klaralund the other day and it is taking a LONG time to dry. Oops!