Monday, October 03, 2005

Tonight

Tonight I swept and mopped the bathroom and bedroom, and dusted virtually all of the bedroom too. (My little shelf of junk below my mirror didn't get done.) I also moved my three tall stacks of "bedside reading" to my office. I've decided my office *will* be cluttered when P comes, but the rest of the house will be presentable. Perhaps not perfect, but presentable.

My wooden night tables need oiling again, but that's another thing that likely won't get done before P comes. Or maybe it will. It's not a high priority. Vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping the living room and kitchen come first.

Speaking of which, I'm getting pretty low on swiffer refills... this time for my sweeper and mop.

I've decided that I'm going to skip the gym and SNB this week... I have too much cleaning to do. Plus, the cleaning must count as some exercise. Not gym-equivalent, but surely better than couch-potato level. I will still tape Gilmore Girls and House for Sue.

Tonight's cleaning-procrastination activity was working on my crocheted Sophie. I'm nearly done now, I just need to finish the handle. I'm doing a flat handle rather than a corker version, since I don't have a corker, and I'd prefer one that doesn't want to roll off my shoulder. ;) Deneen: I have all the info, I just need to write up the pattern. Keep prodding me until I do. ;) I think I'll also contact Sophie's original designer to see if its okay if I make the pattern public. I did have to do all the calculations myself, but I did base it on her design. I don't want to step on any toes! (Toes are such annoying little things... especially when you stub them.)

I've finished Jess's socks (photo tomorrow... I forgot my camera cable at school) and started H's socks. :)

Well, time for bed!

4 comments:

Deneen said...

Prod-prod

Anonymous said...

wow, you have made serious cleaning progress! congrats! and:

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050903/COLUMNIST82/509030349/-1/HEALTHMATTERS

As for calorie burning, scrubbing floors is on the same level as playing singles tennis. Housecleaning is about equal to a brisk walk. Digging a garden -- your hobby -- is the equivalent of cross-country skiing, one of the most demanding of all exercises.

~drew emborsky~ said...

My niece is coming this Saturday and will stay for two weeks. I have been cleaning and cleaning and cleaning some more. Maybe we should have a Clean-along! Hey, someone could make a cool button that flashes!

noricum said...

Hmmm... yes... I think one with strobe-light effects that say "get off your butt and massacre those dust bunnies" would be appropriate... ;)