Thursday, October 13, 2005

Morning Silliness

This morning I woke up at a fairly reasonable time, and thought "I should ride my exercise bike! I feel motivated, awake, and able!" I then rolled over and went back to sleep. Oops.

I think I did so because I was up late last night. I *had* intended to go to bed early, but didn't. My late afternoon plan was that I'd be good and go to bed at 10. But then I got engrossed in a Helen of Troy documentary on PBS that ran until 11. And then C-H called about bills and boxes. (Good news: it looks like she'll be accepted to the univeristy she wants to attend in California.) And then I did some blog posting. And then some blog reading. And then some book reading to relax before sleeping. And then a second chapter in my book. Then I tried to sleep. And then I thought of something I should check for C-H and logged on again.

I used all those "and then's" on purpose. It was 1:45 before I finally tried to really go to sleep. Oops.

Well, I ended up getting up this morning at a somewhat better time than usual. I thought, "yay, I'll make an earlier bus, even if I read some blogs." I then lost track of time, and realized I wasn't going to make the earlier bus, because I had read blogs for too long. So I showered and ate. It was indeed after the bus went by that I finished eating. The next bus wasn't due for a bit, so I went back to blog reading. Foolishly, I didn't brush my teeth or make my lunch before doing so. Luckily I noticed the time before it got too late. I had enough time to make my lunch, but not brush my teeth. (Fine, I have a toothbrush and toothpaste in the department.) As I'm leaving the house, I notice a girl at the bus stop has decided she forgot something, and walks back to her house. I figure that if she has time to do that, and it's still two minutes before the bus is due, that I can put my recycling out. (It was pretty full, and recycling hadn't been picked up yet.) As I'm halfway to the curb, carrying a bucket of recycling that's trying to drip dirty rainwater on me, the bus flies past. Oops.

Yep, the other girl missed it too. (I'm not even sure she noticed it go past, because she ended up going to that stop anyway.)

I took the recycling to the curb. I thought about going back in to brush my teeth, but decided it was late enough that I'd better get my butt to school. I walked down to the noisy, but more frequently served, bus stop. All the while I was stressing over the fact that I had left the house without brushing my teeth. I just barely caught a bus at the noisy bus stop. It was the V, which goes to campus, but no longer goes close to my department. I caught it anyway, and walked from the student union. All the while stressing that I had left the house without brushing my teeth.

So, even though it was cooler and less humid than it has been, I was sticky-sweaty when I got to school. Ugh. Apparently I sweat when I'm stressed. Luckily, in addition to toothbrush and toothpaste, I have a facecloth and spare t-shirts in my office. I feel much better now that I'm brushed, rinsed, and in dry clothing.

I need to stop being silly in the morning.

No comments: