Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Spam!

I'm SFC Armstrong, the US Army Station Commander responsible for recruiting at UNC. I received your contact information from the University. Under the "Solomon Amendment", colleges and universities must give Armed Forces recruiters access to their campuses and provide them with lists containing "student recruiting information". Army Recruiters have the right to contact you by mail, phone, or e-mail. ...

Dear SFC Armstrong,

Thank you for your spam.

Upon arriving here in the US, I filled out the form that specifies I do not have to register for the draft. Not only am I female, I'm an alien.

I have no voting rights here. I am not a citizen. I am not allowed to "work off campus". I do not agree with present US policies, nor the war in Iraq. I am a pacifist. Why on earth do you think I would be interested in joining the US armed forces?

In the future, please filter your recruiting lists before spamming the entire student body population.

Sincerely,
Canadian Citizen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how annoying. :|