Sunday, October 23, 2005

Lazy Sunday

I'm having a marvelously lazy Sunday. I slept in late, then talked to my mom on the phone. Then I had breakfast, knit a few more rounds on picovoli and read for a bit. Then I had a nap. Then my dad called, and I talked to him. Then I snoozed some more. It's now 3:41, and I still haven't had my shower. ;)

I should though. I do need to make pita bread at some point today. I did laundry and grocery shopping yesterday, so pita bread is the only chore I have left for today.

I've been trying to decide if I should buy some Eucalan. So far, none of the local places I've called has it. I snooped around my favourite online stores, and KnitPicks had some. Ooooo, the temptation! Do I ask one of my blogging friends for the free shipping codes, or order enough Shine to bring my order to $30? Or splurge for shipping? Of course, I'm a little hesitant to buy some eucalan without knowing whether or not I'm allergic to it.

However, when I was browsing the Eucalan site to see if I could find a list of ingredients, I found something even better! If I send in a SASE, I can get free samples. :)) Here's the link if you'd like to try a sample too. This is good... it lets me see if I'm allergic to it for a pretty low cost (two 37 cent stamps), and reduces the temptation to spend money I shouldn't at KnitPicks. ;)

On the knit/crochet front, all the crayons are done, and just need lettering and seaming together. I've started a seventh crayon... I decided I needed one for my wool blanket too! (It will take the place of several squares.) I used the unused-for-blanket, not-as-nice orange, plus some Emu charcoal yarn I had that's the same gauge. I've knit another reapeat on the qiviut scarf. And, as mentioned, I started picovoli. The Shine swatch came out of the wash exactly on gauge, so I'm using the #5 circulars I have. I've decided to do the picots along the neckline, and a straight switch between the green and the blue, rather than a wave pattern. I didn't feel like doing colourwork. Starting picovoli I've learned two new knitting tricks: provisional cast on, and picot border. Not bad for only an inch in. ;) I've even done the finishing for the neckline, so I won't have to do that later.

I'll post some pictures later... for now, I think maybe I'll go have a shower, and start my pita bread. After all, I want to get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight! ;)

No comments: