Friday, February 03, 2006

On The Edge

Last night I edged two more squares:
Afghan Square #18 Afghan Square #37
Why only two? I spent several hours over at D&S's, visiting with their baby!

I had a question the other day about my crocheted socks. I can wear them with sneakers, but, personally, I prefer sandals:
Feet
I don't like the restricted feeling shoes give me. I started wearing sandals nearly all the time back in 1998, when an ingrown toenail prevented me from wearing shoes. By the time I had dealt with the toenail, I didn't like shoes any more. I'll still wear them for exercising, or if it's raining, but I much prefer sandals whenever possible. Sadly, sandals weren't designed to take the same wear and tear as sneakers. Once, after wearing out a sole in a month, I went back to the store to complain. I was told I "walk too much."

This morning, as soon as I got to school, I felt like crying. I don't know why. Tiredness and crying? Perhaps it's time to check my prozac dose. :P

At least I got a full shower this morning.

4 comments:

Deneen said...

I had ingrown toenail problems as a teenager and wore clogs (they were big then). I also wear them now, Birkies, Rocket Dogs, etc and have had no problems with my nails.

I would *never*, but that's me, wear sandals and socks (since I live near the shore, only tourists do that!).

I am in the process of going from Paxil to Cymbalta and the taper sucks. I have headaches from not enough Paxil, etc. Stuff takes a month to start working. Happy to be off the Paxil though-bad stuff about it on 60 minutes. Maybe you have PMS????

noricum said...

"Aunt Flo" came last week.

Socks and sandals are just one of the many quirky things about me. ;) At least I'm wearing handmade socks now!

I hope your med switch works out! I haven't heard the 60 minute stuff. My mom used to be on Paxil, but was able to quit after she retired. She did a *very* gradual taper. (I think she ended up cutting the pills in eighths.)

Rebecca said...

girl, girl... do you have any birkenstocks?
ahhhhhh they are fabulous! i think i have about 12 pair.... shhhhh, they can cause an addiction :)

noricum said...

The birks were the pair that I wore the sole down to the cork (in one spot) within a month. I wore them for a while, alternately replacing the heels and the soles every few months, but then the cork started cracking from the stress of the heel replacements. So when they're through with this last full sole, I'm tossing them.

Right now they're my "back-up" pair... although the sandals I bought to replace them are getting pretty bad too. Less to pack when I move home this summer. ;)