Friday, February 17, 2006

Miscellany

I saw Albert again this morning. Albert is such a sweet cat. At least it was warm this morning.

I need to get up earlier, and stop catching the S bus with the crabby driver. Man, he really rubs me the wrong way.

I saw some of the men's figure skating last night... artistically, Buttle was fabulous! Way better than the Russian, and those other skaters. Give him four more years, and I'm sure he'll have his technical up to match his artistic. I look forward to watching him in the Vancouver olympics. :) (*Very* cute too... but is he old enough to shave? Hmmm... his website says he's 24, so I guess so.) I miss the days of Elvis Stojko. Now there was an awesome skater! (Even if the Russians didn't like him.)

My neighbour with the kid who ricochets off the walls? She very definitely looks pregnant. Good thing I'm moving. Can you imagine two of them bouncing around next door? *shudder*

Today's schedule: a perl program, and a doctor appointment. Perl is fun. Doctor is not, but it does mean waiting room knitting. ;) Plus I'll stop by and visit the friendly ladies at the cashier's office (where I pay for prescriptions). We've gotten to know each other, and they enjoy seeing my knitting and crochet. I bet they'll be wowed by my Canada sweater sleeves. :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buttle looked so happy! He seemed to feel his program, which was nice to see! I felt the same away about the American Weir (at least the end of his program -- lots of emotion in it).

I think Zhenya was awesome too though -- but I really like technical skaters. ;)

Anonymous said...

You are moving?

Do you speak of graduating and moving back to Winnipeg, or something else?

noricum said...

At the end of this term I'm taking a leave of absence and finishing up remotely. So it's not an immediate move, but I'm guessing it's before the lady pops out her second kid. Or, at least, before the kid starts bouncing off the walls, which is what I can hear. ;)

Anonymous said...

Any help from your doctor?

H

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Stojko is awesome on ice, even though he's gotten stubbier. But off-ice he's a total jerk once the cameras are turned off.

noricum said...

There are a lot of people like that, sadly. (Nice on TV, but jerks/idiots elsewhere.)

Anonymous said...

I met Elvis he was nice.He didn't act like a jerk.

Anonymous said...

stojko's bald, ugly and fat now. fortunately he realized he was too ugly and washed up to continue skating. buttle is a cutie.

Anonymous said...

What does being ugly(which Elvis isn't)have to do with skating ability?

noricum said...

Nothing, in my opinion.