Sunday, February 05, 2006

Miscellany

So I turned on ABC tonight to watch Grey's Anatomy (*great* episode tonight, by the way), and discover the StupidBowl is still on. Gah. Stupid StupidBowl! Anyway, I have a pet peeve to pick with them (beyond interrupting my TV): while I had the game on with the sound on low (so I didn't miss the start to GA), one of the announcer people (or someone) congratulated the winning team for being "the best in the world." *Excuse* me?!? Sure, you can say they're the best in the US, but you can't say they're the world champions unless you have an event open to the world. You haven't tested them against the Canadian teams! Sheesh.

Oh... and if you don't want me insulting the intelligence of your StupidBowl announcers, and the StupidBowl itself, don't let it overlap the scheduled TV show I wanted to watch.

Tongue swelling is down, but still there.

Grey's Anatomy was really great tonight... so good, I thought it might be a season finale or something, but luckily they're only leaving me hanging for one week. (Meredith has her hand in the chest of a guy stabilizing a bomb, and Dr McDreamy is next door operating on Dr Bailey's husband who was injured in a car accident trying to get to the hospital for his baby's delivery... and McDreamy can't stop the operation or he'll die. In the sneak peak for next week, Dr McDreamy finds out Meredith is the one holding the bomb, and boy, you can tell he still has feelings!)

Well, time to finish the pita bread. (Yeah, I didn't start it early enough again this weekend, and StupidBowl messing with my schedule didn't help either.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was disappointed in GA last night, or maybe I was just annoyed they left us hanging. ;)

[well, given that the players in the NFL use the CFL like a minor league that prepares them to come to the NFL especially if (for example) they don't go to college... yes, they are probably the best in the world.]

noricum said...

I must admit that I don't like being left hanging... but one week is much better than several months.

I heard that many NFL players find the CFL harder, because our fields are 100m instead of 100yds. The NFL probably pays more, but I don't think that means the CFL is "minor league".

Anonymous said...

Wasn't that a twisty episode of GA?! I can't wait to see what McDreamy does next week! Something tells me that wifey's sneaking suspisions about Meredith will be realized!

LadyLinoleum said...

Lovin' that you call it the StupidBowl. I am in whole-hearted agreement!

Anonymous said...

I wasn't saying that I thought the CFL was minor league, just that they view and _treat_ it as a minor league in the sense that some players go to play in the CFL before the NFL in order to get some experience (this is mostly atheletes that couldn't make it in college here do that).

I'm not talking financially or otherwise, just in terms of experience and how it is used (like the WHL teams are minor league for guys that want to move to the NHL except WHL and NHL are in both countries because hockey rules!).

noricum said...

What's WHL? I would have thought it "women's hockey league", but that doesn't make sense with the WHL being minor league for the NHL.

I know... sacrilige! I'm Canadian and I don't watch hockey. ;) (I have seen two games... a world hockey game between Austria and Italy, which was pathetic, and the Manitoba Moose against the team a cousin of mine plays for.)

noricum said...

Tee hee! It sounds like me and my mom watching Star Trek with Bob... we liked to criticize the science. ;)

So... what *could* happen with the explosive device?