Friday, February 24, 2006

Doctor

The good news: according to all the tests my doctor can think of, I do not have arthritis. Oh, and I don't have a C1 esterase deficiency either.

The bad news: I still have no clue why my joints sometimes hurt. Except that it's not arthritis. (I was hoping for arthritis... arthritis seems fairly benign compared to other possibilities.)

I didn't bother making an appointment with a rhumetologist. All these appointments are a nuisance. I'll try again the next time my joints have me in extreme pain. (They don't seem to be bothering me lately, and trying to describe pain when it's not there is even harder than describing pain when it's there.)

3 comments:

Deneen said...

I hate to tell you this, but if there isn't any swelling or redness, the rheumy will nod and just order some lab work for other rheumatoid things and that's it. They can't tell you why you have achy joints if there aren't any visible signs. I have been through this for years, Andrea.

noricum said...

Blech. :( This is frustrating. :((

noricum said...

Do either of those help? I can't take flaxseed oil... flax is one of my many allergies. :P