Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Tale Of Two Sock Bags

My regular sock bag got packed on Saturday, and thus disappeared temporarily. Sunday I travelled to and from spinning class without my sock bag... reading a book on the bus instead of listening to podcasts and knitting socks felt so unusual! (It's been a long time...) Sunday night I put together a temporary sock bag, which I started using Monday morning.

Well, yesterday I was putting something away, and found my regular sock bag! Yay! Funnily enough, it was right where I thought it might be. WTF didn't I look where I thought it might be?!?

This reminds me of conversations I had with my mom as a child:
"Mom? Where's the scissors?"
"On the table."
"Where? I can't see them?"
"They're right in front of you."
"I still can't see them! Can you point to them?"
(Mom grumpily points.)
"Ah! *There* they are! I couldn't see them before! Thanks!!!"
It used to drive my mom batty... but I *honestly* couldn't see them.

At any rate, as of last night I had both sock bags:
Two Sock Bags
Emergency Sock Bag and WIP Regular Sock Bag and WIP
...which meant I had to decide which to use this morning. Since the new socks were farther along, I went with them. (I'm making socks for someone with smaller feet. Even then, I'm rather astounded that I'm already over halfway through the second sock as of this afternoon!)

No comments: