Wednesday, February 06, 2008

It is not a good sign when...

You see the elevator door open on your floor, and out come four big, burly firemen in full gear with axes and fire hoses. Also not a good sign is a vague smell of campfire near your office.

Sure enough, a few minutes later, the fire alarm went off.

I didn't get a break, though... I had a student in the Help Centre all ready, so he followed me to a nearby (not-on-fire) building.

We're back in the building now, nearly an hour later. Various rumours have that it was a gas leak or a sewer gas leak.


Kelli said...

Oh my - nope, that is not good. Apparently Sitterson had a recent suspected gas leak that caused the building to be evacuated too...I was working from home that day, thank goodness.

noricum said...

I'm glad you weren't there that day... you don't need more fire alarms to deal with. :(