Thursday, November 24, 2005

Wool as a Floatation Device

I'm washing the baby blanket. (I've taken some photos, and hopefully some of them will be considered "good enough"... I am *not* a magazine photographer.) I set the water level to medium, and wash on delicate. After the water filled, I peeked in to make sure there was enough. The blanket was only half covered. What!?! Um... upon further examination, it was floating on the water. So I pushed it down. It's still floating some, but hopefully the agitation will fix that.

Well, I suppose it'll give the baby a bit of an advantage should it fall into a lake while wrapped in the blanket... ;)

I read an article the other day that was talking about SIDS (there's a new study that shows that babies that have died of SIDS have high testosterone levels), and it said not to overheat babies... it's jumper and a thin blanket should be sufficient in a heated house. Um... I just made a baby a wool blanket... wool is supposed to regulate temperature, so the blanket *should* be okay, right?

Speaking of keeping warm, I've splurged and turned the temperature up to 64, since I'll be hanging out here all weekend. (I'll turn it back down at night.) However, I've noticed several things while keeping the house set at 60. I'm calling this "you know you've turned the thermostat too low when..."
1. ....you wear a toque around the house.
2. ...you consider wearing the toque to bed.
3. ...you find it even harder to get out of bed in the morning.
4. ...you wonder if there's a way to store your yarn stash on *top* of your bed.

;)

No comments: