Saturday, November 26, 2005

Finished Toque

Finished Toque
Finished Toque

Wow... it looks like a toque. Not only did I have enough yarn, I have *leftover* yarn. (Which is good, because I was *really* tempted to add green and a stem at the top... and I really doubt my dad would wear a pumpkin hat.)

Oddly, the last part of the hat went much faster than the first part... and I think it was more than the shorter rows. I think having the row counter (observable progress), more to hold onto, and curiosity helped speed the finish along.

Here I am testing it out:
Finished Toque Modelled
I sure hope dad's head is about the same size as mine... I doubt it will stretch much more. (I have a big head.)

It appears to be completely functional... although the black spots detract from the look a bit.

(As I imagine making it purposely have cheetah spots... no! Must resist!!!)

8 comments:

pfirsch said...

Well, you've killed two birds with one stone! He will have a functional hat that will keep his head cold and make him visible to motorists and hunters ;)

noricum said...

Hopefully it'll keep his head warm. ;)

And the third bird: this was reject yarn from the baby blanket. :) (Due to the dirty spots.)

Pam said...

Hooray for enough yarn! The hat looks great.

I'd make detachable leaves and stems for it anyway, just to freak your dad out. :)

noricum said...

Oooo! That's an idea. :))

Anonymous said...

looks great! :D

[and hey, you look great in bright crazy orange! not very many people do. ;) ]

pfirsch said...

Oops! I meant WARM!!!

Must learn to proofread...

Rebecca said...

your hat is great!!! i want to make one so bad.... but i'm terrified of dpns
is it easier than it looks??

noricum said...

Actually, yeah, it is easier than it looks. :)