Sunday, November 27, 2005

Two More Squares

I finished two more squares last night. (Only 20 left!) Both were fun... I'm enjoying "painting" with leftover sock yarn... and I have quite a nice palette to choose from. ;)

The first is a welcoming cabin in a snowy field at night:
Afghan Square #42

The second has a somewhat stunted ("natural looking") oak leaf:
Afghan Square #43
I was going to make some of the lobes a little thicker, but I couldn't find the other leftover scrap of this yarn.

I'm rather fond of both these squares.

5 comments:

pfirsch said...

I like them both. The cabin is very cute in all that snow, but the leaf is especially clever. Maybe it's how the yarn makes it look like it's fall.

Just plain good. :D

noricum said...

The leaf uses more of that yarn you gave me. :)

DAWN said...

Oh, I love them. That oak leaf is so cool. You are quite the sock yarn artist.
~ DAWN

noricum said...

Thanks!

There's nothing like a poster deadline for making progress on projects around the house. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love the leaf! that is so cool! your afghan is going to look so great when it's complete! :)