Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Happy

I'm feeling much happier today. The sun is shining, and I'm just all-round happy.

Last night it really poured during dinner, but it had mostly let up by the time I left for SNB. I'm not sure if it was still raining a bit, or if it was just the oak trees dripping.

SNB was fun. I passed around the chicken nuggets, which were a big hit. (They were a big hit in the department too.) I showed off the baby blanket, and wove in all the ends that popped out in the wash. (Now I just have to track down those parents...) Then, finally, I pulled out picovoli and continued on with her. I had let her sit for a bit because I needed to put her on scrap yarn to see if it was time to start the increases... I'm pretty short waisted. It was, so I started the increases last night. I had, however, forgotten how to do m1 right/left increases. Luckily Sue was able to show me. :)

After SNB Sue gave me a ride home, and it had stopped raining. So I went out and bought my groceries. Yay! I had cereal for breakfast, and juice for today's lunch. :)) And other stuff... like more chocolate coated craisins! (I didn't eat them *all* last night... but I'm sure I must have eaten about half the package. I was trying to restrain myself.)

As I went to bed last night, I noticed my knee was complaining a bit. This morning it's having quite a diatribe, with my hips adding a few mutterings. I wonder why it seems mainly one joint acts up at a time, and sometimes it's a hip, and sometimes a knee. Is there a logical explanation? Who knows. Both hip and knee seem to be on the right leg recently.

But, today is a beautiful sunshiny day, and I'm feeling happy! I had cereal for breakfast! I was up late last night with grocery shopping, so I let myself sleep in a bit. Now I'm working on an illustration of the movement of glycogen phosphorylase... I found a neat angle yesterday, so I'm going to try to get a good snapshot of it today. It'll be good for my dissertation, etc. I'll post it here later.

I think I'll walk over to the post office today for lunch... it's such a beautiful day, and I need to mail the chicken socks. (I didn't get a chance Monday or yesterday.)

I also solved the mystery of the missing papers this morning... I haven't been able to find the papers of GP I had printed out... it turns out they were in my backpack, stuck in the paper-holder in case I was somewhere and felt like reading a paper. ;) Silly me!

Hugs to everyone, and I hope you're having a nice day too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woo! glad you are having a better day. I mailed you a package today, so it should get there fri/sat (usps priority). :D

i can't wait to see your finished picovoli!