Sunday, September 23, 2007

Baby Leaf Hat WIP


Baby Leaf Hat WIP

I'm almost done now... I just need to graft the border and weave in the ends. I think it could really use a blocking too, it's so curly!

Note on the grafting: the pattern writer prefers working flat, then seaming the hat and using a three needle bind-off on the border. If you want to graft in pattern (like me), leave off the first row of the border so that you have a row to add in when you graft. You can't leave off the last one, because otherwise you'll be at the wrong side to continue knitting the hat. (I didn't think of this when I started. Whoops.)

I used about 30g of my skein of koigu... more than half. I want to have leftover for a blanket square, so I'm thinking of trying to do the booties two-colour. I have some leftover Cherry Tree Hill that coordinates well, I just hope it's enough. We'll see.

No comments: