Monday, April 16, 2007

In other news...

I went to the doc last Thursday. She is highly skeptical that I might have hemochromatosis. However, she sent me for a blood test, and has given me permission to crow if I'm right. She figures it's the prozac, so we're weaning me off it. I was at 60mg, and am now at 40mg for three weeks, and then I'll go down to 20mg.

On Sunday I felt less sleepy (yay), but also got unreasonably grumpy at one point. I don't know if one or the other or both is a coincidence... we'll see.

I'm having second (well, possibly third) thoughts about my trip to NB... I'm thinking it's not all that smart to plan month-or-more-long trips while fiddling with my antidepressants. My dad is driving down to Toronto at the end of April, so I could still get a meeting in with the prof there. I hate trying to decide if the bad outweighs the good: am I being smart, or am I letting this be a reason to chicken out? (I'm generally a big chicken about these sorts of things.)

A therapist finally called... mom gave me the number, but when I called back, I got an answering machine. Speak of the devil... the phone just rang. I have an appointment tomorrow at 11.

WTF?!? My right ear just started hurting! (Hmmm... and I've had a bit of a cough the past few days, and some headaches too.)

Okay, I'm going to end this blog post here, before something else happens!!!

No comments: