Friday, April 28, 2006

Friday

Yay for Friday!

I slept too late this morning. I did get into bed by 11:10, but then remembered I had to call in a prescription refill. By midnight I still wasn't asleep. So I took an Ambien. I didn't wake up with that same "wow" feeling, but I also wasn't groggy like yesterday. Yay! Still... between sleeping late and stopping at the pharmacy on the way in, I was rather late. :P

There was an insane squirrel outside my apartment this morning. It was pouncing on a fallen branch, like a cat would on a mouse, and then running away. Maybe it was practicing it's fighting techniques. Whatever it was, it sure looked bizarre.

The roses are blooming now:
Roses
These were on my walk from the pharmacy to my department, outside the Sonya Black Center.

I finished a mary jane bootie for K:
Mary Jane Bootie
The pattern (from Martha Stewart... K, can you post a link?) is messed up on the bottom, but the rest is fine. Assuming, of course, your baby has big feet. K wants to make one for a newborn out of thicker yarn, and having a 3D version she can adapt is easier than guessing. When she's done with it, I'll make a mate to this one, add buttons, and then find some unsuspecting baby to foist them upon. It's pretty fast.

10 comments:

Vera said...

That bootie is way cute!

Jewels said...

Love that little slipper!!

Anonymous said...

that bootie came out nicely! tuesday, i was having a hard time picturing how it would develop, but i really like how it looks.

DAWN said...

That is too cute and what great stitch work you did.

Anonymous said...

Is it hard finding babies to give these to? I'm just wondering why I haven't seen you make lots of these. They're irresistably cute!

H

sara said...

cute cute cute bootie

noricum said...

Naw, it shouldn't be hard. I was joking around. ;) However, they are rather big for booties... about the size for a walking baby... but with nothing on the bottom to keep them from slipping! I'll suggest applying puff paint to the bottom. (I don't have puff paint, and have no plans to buy any just before my move.)

Hunny said...

Yours looks alot better than the one on the martha page. what kind of yarn did you use

Tandi said...

Beautiful rose pic. They almost don't even look real. And the bootie is too cute!

noricum said...

Thanks Hunny! I used Merino Soft by schaffhauser. (Schoeller + Stahl GmbH) I think it may be discontinued, because I bought it from Elann. It was supposed to be DK weight (from what I remember), but it's actually more like sockweight. The colour is #45.

Thanks Tandi! I was rather amazed by how the roses came out... it certainly had nothing to do with my skills with a camera. ;)