Thursday, April 27, 2006

Brain Dead

Tank Top WIP
Tank Top WIP

It is *definitely* time to stop knitting leaves for the night.

I rewound the two other green colours, and this one I'm working directly from the old leaves. I started with smaller leaves, but after doing two, decided that they were a bit too small. I think these should do the trick, and look cute too. (I could do the math... but for some reason, my tired brain is balking.) I estimate I'm now getting 22 rows of edging with the same amount of yarn as 18 rows on the old version.

Half way through the fifth leaf, I realized I had made a mistake with the fourth leaf. I managed to frog and fix that leaf, but it's definitely time to stop for the night.

I seamed a bit more of the afghan while talking to my dad. Now I'm back to seaming while watching ER. As soon as that's over, I'm going to bed!!! (If I were smart, I'd tape ER and go to bed now. But that would require my brain to be working.)

Good news from Dad: dad's friend is loaning him his truck to pick me up at the end of May... it's bigger, more fuel efficient, and diesel. More room to pack stuff in, plus cheaper gas? Woo-hoo!

4 comments:

sheep#100 said...

Lifelines between leaves! Looks so pretty.

Anonymous said...

very pretty!

[here, diesel is as expensive and sometimes more expensive than 93 octane (+$.20/gal this morning). My BiL is quite upset over this as he works as a contractor and has a big diesel truck to lug around construction tools/etc in. But yay: more efficient, more room and I bet you're looking forward to going home. :) ]

noricum said...

Yeah, lifelines might be a good idea... at least on nights that my brain isn't working. :P

More expensive? Gack! I'll have to take a look at prices around here... (But more space is still good.)

Sallie said...

I like the smaller leaves. Very nice.