Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Afghan Square #58

Afghan Square #58
Afghan Square #58

This one isn't so crazy... quite pretty, actually! (Although it took me a bit to puzzle out the instructions.)

I'm getting close to finishing now! I wonder if I can have it finished in time for next Tuesday's SNB? That would be so cool!

And, as soon as I get this afghan finished, the other one is coming out of limbo. It's really pretty, but is made from red heart super saver. (I bought it back before I was educated in the correct yarn snobbery.) Oh well... it'll make a nice back-of-couch afghan. Or a gift to someone who also hasn't been educated in yarn snobbery. ;)

7 comments:

Sallie said...

I really like this design. Very pretty.

Sallie said...

About yarn snobbery, and yes, there definitely is yarn snobbery. Some of the people I knit with really act as if acrylic yarn is the devil incarnate, but it does have it's uses. Plus, not everyone can afford expensive wools and novelty yarns. Just because someone uses synthetic yarns does not make them any less a knitter or crocheter. I say we need to keep an open mind. OK, I will now get off my soap box.

noricum said...

Yes, but it is also widely known that red heart is one of the scratchiest acrylics.

Sallie said...

True.

Karla said...

That is a gorgeous square! Of course, I just love royal blue. The pattern is quite pretty, too.

jmk said...

That square is *very* pretty (and beautifully rendered by yourself, I might add - grovel, grovel). Any chance that the pattern is online??

noricum said...

The pattern is in 99 Granny Squares to Crochet, by Leasure Arts.