Monday, April 24, 2006

Blah, blah, blah

First up... I think these plaques at the *front* of the busses are cute:
Plaque
They went up shortly after Rosa's death... it just took me a while to blog about them. Sorry about the blurry photo... it's hard to take a non-flash photo that isn't blurry when you're riding the bus. (Brass plaques aren't readable with flash. Also, I didn't want to distract the driver. Distracting the driver is bad.)

Next... mail! I won Zarzuela's blog contest! Look at the fun goodies:
Mail!
(For some strange reason, this package was at my door *Sunday* morning... I'm pretty sure it wasn't there Saturday, but I could be wrong.) Do you think I could make a little vest out of the four balls of red and blue ribbon yarn? (I'm not really the decorative scarf sort... they don't work so well in Winnipeg... and I think it would be too rough for a tank top.) Maybe I could use the black as trim on the vest. Hmmm! The sock yarn is pretty, but I already have a pair in identical colours (although perhaps not identical stripes)... I'm thinking this'll be a "share the love" yarn! Let's see... who's next on my birthday blog contest...? Wendy! I'll send you an e-mail with your prize choices (socks from my stash that I'm willing to part with, socks from yarn you supply, or a "norigurumi" ;) ) plus the measurements I'll need from you for socks. Yours will be next on my list after Bethany's socks... unless I've already promised someone else a pair that I've forgotten about? (I don't think I have.)

In WIPs, what do you do when you get bored with seaming an afghan? Start a completely different project! This is the start of a tank-top for me:
New WIP
However, I may need to frog and restart... I'm only about half way around, and the center-pull ball is looking rather hollow:
Yarn
I'm going to see how far I get, and then calculate how much yarn smaller leaves would get me. (I have one ball of each colour of pakucho cotton, so I want to do the bottom trim from a single colour. And no... I have no idea if I have enough yarn for a tank top.)

Apple Chill, a local street festival, was fun. B, S, K and I wandered around and looked at all the crafts. I, uh, got sucked into buying something... this cute crab plate:
Crab Plate

However, the town still hasn't figured out how to stop "After Chill"... the unofficial after-party where souped up cars and motorcycles race around the city. There was apparently three shootings, plus "crowd rushings." :P

After getting back from the street festival, B and I sat and knit for a bit. Then I had dinner and went grocery shopping. On the way to the grocery store, I got *puppydog* kisses! My backyard neighbours have an adorable little black lab puppy. :) Two other dogs greeted me on the way to the store. :) I enjoy random doggy-love!

At the store, I found some treats in the leftover-Easter-candy bin. :) Half price is definitely the right price. :) (Or less... I wouldn't complain about less.. ;) )

If you've read this far, congratulations! I'll now point you in the direction of a wooly blog contest!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the crab plate :)