Sunday, April 16, 2006

Cinnamon Buns

I wanted to share my mom's recipe with you, as she e-mailed it to me:
I just make a bread dough from a recipe book like your Betty Crocker one. After it has risen the first time roll it out flat, spread softened butter on it, cover with brown sugar, sprinkle with cinnamon, roll up and slice into approx. 4 cm slices. Put in a greased pan that has brown sugar spread on the bottom and let rise. Cook according to whatever it says in the recipe book. Turn the pan upside down so the sugar runs over the buns. Take the pan off after 10 min. or so and let cool until you won't burn your fingers or mouth when you taste test them. Don't eat anymore than 3 or 4 at once or you will get fat.

You can use frozen bread dough if you feel like it.
I love my mom. :)

My notes: I *really* like my Betty Crocker cookbook. I highly recommend it. Also, if you want to make the pecan version, put a layer of pecans at the bottom of the pan after the sugar, but before the cinnamon buns. Be liberal with the brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon. If the sugar on the bottom doesn't become all syrupy, you should have used more butter at the bottom.

Besides the risk of getting fat, eating a bunch at once gives me heartburn. I try to limit myself to one... or two when they're warm from the oven. ;)

1 comment:

Nichole D. said...

Yummy- I'm already scouring my cookbooks for a bread recipe to use!