Thursday, January 18, 2007

Knitting and Crochet

My first FO of the year:
Crochet Socks
I was going to bring them in and mail them from the campus post office today, but it turns out they only take cash. I have three parcels, a postcard, and a letter I want to mail. At Canada Post's rates, I'd rather use my credit card, thanks. Knittah: you'll have to wait somewhat longer for me to go to my local post office. Hopefully I won't take too long to get around to it. ;)

I used the leftover in another blanket square:
Blanket WIP

Then added two more tentacles to the squid toque:
Squid Toque WIP

While I'm posting updates, here's my clap-in-progress:
Clapotis WIP
I ran short of stitch markers, and was finding the excessive number annoying, so now I'm just marking the first and last columns of stitches to be dropped. The columns are spaced regularly, so remembering the twisted stitches is easy... much easier than working on the pink lace scarf of doom. ;)

Not photographed: I've got the first toe done on Bron's sock (bus ride this morning), and have started some Fibonacci based stripes on C's toque (my current lunchtime project).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can wait! They look squooshy!

Anonymous said...

I'm writing an e-book on crochet and am looking for some fellow crocheters to help me with the process a bit. if you would be interested, please let me know. P.S. I love the squid toque! -Lisa

noricum said...

Lisa, here's one tip: When making requests like this, give people a way to contact you in return. ;)