Wednesday, January 24, 2007

C's Toque in Progress

I'm also making a toque for H's son, C. I thought I'd finally share some WIP photos. ;) The first one shows the toque better, and the second one shows how much is left to do.
C's Toque WIP C's Toque WIP
The stripe widths (starting from the two narrow ones at the top) follow the Fibonacci sequence. The yarn is Mission Falls 1824 merino superwash wool, knit on size 5 needles instead of size 8. I've put it on waste yarn so C can try it on for size. (*Before* I get all the way to the bottom, and have to rip everything out! ;) ) I've been knitting this up at lunch, a few rows every day. (Grapefruit take too long to eat!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great colors! hats are so much fun to make (knit + crochet). :)

how do you like the 1824 wool?

[I have the nhl all star game on and they are singing "O Canada" in the way where it is in english for the beginning and end, but French for the middle. It always throws me off.]

noricum said...

Thanks! 1824 wool is lovely stuff... nice and soft. It does have a bit of that slippery feel that superwash has, but other than that is nice. Definitely soft! And sproingy too. :)

I must admit I only know the anthem in *one* official language. (And that would not be the french one.)