Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Today is not Thursday.

Nope. It isn't. It still isn't Thursday.

I'm not sure why, but I keep thinking it is. I remember it's Tuesday enough that I remember my lunch meeting, and SNB tonight... and even that I don't have to catch an airplane today. However, this morning I rushed out with the recycling because I had forgotten to do it last night. It wasn't until I was ready to leave that I realized that it was Tuesday. (Recycling pick-up is on Thursday.) Even though we're not supposed to, I'm going to leave my box at the curb. It's heavy and dripping water, since it rained after I put some of the cans out. I'm normally good about my recycling box and garbage bin.

I think I keep thinking it's Thursday because Thursday is a "big deadline." It's the day I leave for Winnipeg, so I need to have research stuff done, forms filled out, I-20 signed (check), Canadian cheque dropped off at local bank (check), January rent cheque dropped off at office, mail held, plant watering arranged, packing done, etc. So Thursday is front and center in my brain.

That doesn't mean that Today is Thursday, though. I *must* remember that.

I think I'm coming down with a chest cold. Last week I was clearing my throat a bunch, and since this weekend I've been having a funny feeling in my lungs... kind of like when I'm in Europe, but less dirty. (It seems strange to think of having clean crap in my lungs.) I guess I'll get to spread germs to everyone on the flight. On Thursday, which is not today.

I dropped off a cheque at the bank this morning, to transfer some of my savings down here. $5K CAD... not enough to pay for tuition and living expenses, but hopefully not enough that the feds decide I'm smuggling drugs or money laundering... the last thing I need is to be searched every time I cross the border. :P

It can take up to three weeks for the money to transfer, because they send the cheque out for collection. And there may be fees, but not from my local bank. I'll see how much makes it into my account, and then decide how much more I need to transfter in order to cover my tuition and other expenses. I needed to have some here so that my January rent cheque will clear.

"Cheque" is how Canadians spell "check" when it is the monetary kind. (As in not the "check that off the list" kind, or "Fred is a Czech" kind.)

Okie doke... back to work! Later. :)

4 comments:

LadyLinoleum said...

I hope you have a faboo trip. Take some Airborne...it may be purely psychological, but it seems to work for me.

noricum said...

I like Canadian money much better too. The American stuff is so boring, and I can't tell what it is without looking at the numbers. Canadian money is easier to figure out when I'm going through my wallet.

I think it's funny how the new American bills have "colours"... they don't really look like they do.

Thanks!

~drew emborsky~ said...

Have a wonderful time!!! Hope you feel better soon. Airborne + Zicam always knocks a cold out for me in just a few hours. :)

Anonymous said...

i hate it when I do that. soon however, it will be thursday! i hope you have a fantastic trip. :)

like drew said, the zicam, if you can handle it, has helped me a fair amount.