Friday, December 23, 2005

Scarf is Finished!

Yay! I finished the qiviut lace scarf tonight. :) Pre-blocking it was about 41" long, and it's blocked to 50". (It's still pinned to my bed, so I don't know how much it'll relax when I unpin it.) In total, it's 35.5 repeats long.

I'm glad I didn't bother ripping out the goofed repeat... it's hardly noticeable. I really have to look for it to find it.

I bet you want pictures? Well, here you are! First, photos of the unblocked scarf:
Qiviut Scarf UnblockedQiviut Scarf Unblocked (Close-Up)

And here's the scarf blocking:
Qiviut Scarf BlockedQiviut Scarf Blocked (Close-Up)

I sure hope I don't discover S has a qiviut allergy or something. ;)

I'm no longer cursing lace, but I don't think I'll start another lace project any time soon. ;)

The most amazing thing about this scarf? That I got an 8"x50" scarf out of a ball of yarn the size of a kiwi.

When I showed mom, she said "wow," and then asked where I was planning on sleeping tonight. I explained that this is Winnipeg. The silly thing was already dry by the time I had it half pinned, so I had to use a cloth to dampen it. It's taking a bit longer to dry this time... I think because the towel underneath also absorbed some water, but I shouldn't be up all that late.

Oh... and dad's throw pillows? Um... I still have time tomorrow morning... ;) (I celebrate Christmas with my dad on Christmas Eve, and with mom and B on Christmas Day. Then there's another celebration when B's kids come over for their turn on Boxing Day.) S will get her scarf on Christmas Day, but I didn't want to leave it until the last minute.

Well, I think I'll catch up on some of my blog reading while I wait for the dry Winnipeg air to do it's job.

5 comments:

MrsFife said...

Beautiful!!! Almost you convince me to take up a lacy *knitting* project...No quivuit (or whatever exotic stuff that is) though!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Have a great weekend. :)

Sallie said...

The scarf came out so nice. You did a wonderful job. Whoever gets that scarf is really in for a treat.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! What pattern did you use?

noricum said...

I used the feather lace stitch pattern from the Reader's Digest stitch bible.