Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Tired.

Only two repeats tonight.

I finished reading Holes... good book! Mom's going to read it before I give it back to H. After dinner, as I was about to pick up my knitting when the movie came on and B turned off the light I needed. Since I wanted to see the movie too, I decided to wait until afterwards. We watched Hotel Rwanda... it really made me want to go out and rescue someone. :( Then we watched CSI NY (artist dude is hot... not sure if he's a regular or not), and I did my two repeats on the scarf.

Lunch with B was good today. Good food, and fun with great circles. :)

I read a big chunk on one of the GP papers today too.

However, I still didn't do anything on red-black trees. I was feeling tired of reading the GP paper a bit before lunch, so decided to switch to red-black trees. However, I figured the "context switch" would be better done after lunch, since otherwise the bit of time before lunch would be wasted... it takes a bit of time to context switch (dump main memory and retrieve files from storage... my brain has a slow bus), and switching gp -> red-black trees -> great circles -> red-black trees didn't seem as wise as gp -> great circles -> red-black trees, so I toughed it out with gp. But we went long at lunch, and H had to leave early. I got back just in time to retrieve my laptop.

Um, what else... I bought buttons for my cardigan on my way home. It was a tough decision, but ended up going for some silver-coloured ones with flowers. The others either stood out too much, were limiting, or were too plain.

Ravenclaw socks are moving along. I'm past the heel on the first sock.

Okie... time for me to context switch to "bed." Good night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed "Holes". It's a little perfect jewel of a book!

I'm curious to see your buttons. They sound cute.

H

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rebecca said...

artist boy was quite hunky, wasn't he? what's up with the curly hair detective (don't remember her name) - it's not enough that she has perfect skin, hair and a great rack... now they have to start showing her mid-drift too.....
jealous? me? not at all

oh, thanks for giving me the info on the scarf :)

noricum said...

Mom was asking if I got to wear shirts like that to work. I told her yeah, but my computer didn't care. ;)