Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ram Wools

Ram Wools is having their January sale. :)

Ram Wools Purchase

I bought enough yarn for a Cobblestone sweater, some inexpensive and gorgeous sock yarn (that green stuff has blue highlights in the sun), yarn for thrummed mittens for S (I must admit that I'm getting bored with those... luckily I have to wait for the roving), and some black laceweight that I might use to make a wedding present for my dad's fiancée (my intention is to make something, but me and lace... well...).

I hope the Mermaid yarn works well with Cobblestone. I saw it before and loved it, but didn't know what to make. I've wanted to make Cobblestone ever since it came out, but I didn't have the right yarn. Mermaid has the right gauge, and I think it'll look pretty... so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

I picked up the US 4 dpns because I have two of my current set of US 4's occupied with my sock yarn blanket, and I keep wanting to use my US 4's as dpns. I would have bought a short pair of straights for the blanket, but they didn't have short straights in the pretty needles, just Susan Bates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sigh. Makes me wish I had the time and/or motivation to spend more time crocheting and/or learn to knit. Ah well, I'll continue crafting vicariously through you.