Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Aforementioned Tuques

I spun the leftover roving from the thrummed mittens:
IMG_0565.JPG IMG_0566.JPG

Then knit tuques, which, although I cast on the number of stitches I calculated to be appropriate, ended up arbitrary sizes:
IMG_0576.JPG IMG_0578.JPG
The mom said she'd roll up the brim, and their hoods would keep them on. (What is it with me and tuques? If I try to make them specific sizes, they never fit. *sigh*)

Given the amount of green that came off on my dpns:
IMG_0580.JPG
I decided to set the dye in the green tuque (I didn't want the mom to freak out when her fair-haired kid came home with green hair):
IMG_0581.JPG
I gave it a soak in water with some vinegar, then plain water, then gave both tuques a eucalan bath.

The mom is thrilled. I'm not sure what the kids think yet... they're both miserably sick, so I haven't pestered them.

No comments: