Thursday, May 05, 2005

Mint Vader

I finished off the last of my white dust masks yesterday, and started in on the mint green 3M masks today. They're thicker. They smell something like, um, "hardware store". (Yes, I bought them from a hardware store, but my previous ones came from there too.) They strain the air a lot more... the air seems clean, but it's also more of an effort to suck it in. I feel kind of like I'm doing that "phfooo-PAH" breathing that Vader does. Yep, that's me. Mint Vader. (Pollen is only at a medium level... oak, grass, and sycamore... today, so the goggles stayed home.) Upon taking the mask off at school, I discovered a red, irritated area where the mask touched me. Am I allergic to the mask? Gee, I *love* allergies. :P

Speaking of the dark side of the force, don't you just love spam and spam filters? It turns out my sockapalooza pal had tried e-mailing me back, several times, at that, but none made it through. She must be mailing from a blacklisted address. :( I think that was the problem with Drew's comments too... I get them now that I've changed my notification e-mail to my gmail account. I need to dig through the debris on my desk at home to find my sockapalooza pal's e-mail address, so I can send her an apology, along with my gmail address (to see if she can talk to me there).

1 comment:

sara said...

that is the BEST spelling of Darth Vader's breathing I've ever seen. Since I have no life, it really made my day. :-)