Monday, May 30, 2005

Excavation

My goal this weekend was to find some of the flat surfaces in my house... namely my desk, craft table, and ironing board. (Not that I really ever iron anything, but I had promised myself that I would keep it clear of clutter.) I had three days. You would think I could manage such a simple task. Well, I've nearly found the ironing board, and the layers on my desk have diminished by a minute amount. *sigh*

It doesn't help that most of the stuff on these surfaces need something *done* to them in addition to being put away, or I need to "create" their ultimate resting places.

Well, some progress is better than none.

Speaking of "doing stuff before putting away", one of the things I wanted to do was comment on two more quotes from bookbookbook. I'll do that here, so I can then clear off one more item from my desk. ;)

The first quote is by Woody Allen:
I took a speed reading course and read War and Peace in twenty minutes. It involves Russia.
At the time I was reading a paper at an exceedingly slow rate. (I'm still not done the paper, but I've set it aside while I make progress on my code.) I was lamenting at the geological speed at which I read papers, and then found this quote... and realized that although I read *really* slowly, I also understand what I read. I felt much better about my ponderous pace.

The second quote is by Douglas Adams:
If we see you smoking we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate action.
I like this quote!

No comments: