Thursday, May 05, 2005

I Feel Loved

:)

This afternoon J and I got an "award" for some of the teaching outreach we did this past term... but not for anything exciting. I think the coordinator was "making up" awards so that most people felt included. Ours was "longest distance travelled for a single presentation"... for when we went all the way we went out to Boone and back. I was hoping it would be for "best reviews"... since the coordinator told us the teachers raved about us. However, I imagine giving an award for something like that could make others feel bad. Oh well... I'll just think of my award as being for that. ;) We were each given a mug with candies inside, and a bag. (I might post pictures tomorrow... I don't feel like posting pictures tonight.)

Then, when I arrived home, I discovered my blogiversary prize from Tiff had arrived! :) Tiff sure is nice with her prizes! She made me a lovely seed stitch dish cloth (what a coincidence... it's time to do dishes again!), and also sent the January issue of Crochet!, adorable blue polkadot post-it notes, a comfort cusion for aluminum hooks, a hilarious vintage-look magnet with a woman in front of a pink house that says "my house is cuter than yours", a LA dishcloths booklet, and several LB patterns. WOW!!!

With all that loving, I decided to love my body some, and plopped it down on my exercise bike tonight. Boy, was I multitasking... I had Survivor on the TV (um, yeah, I've been watching that...), my legs were pedalling, and my hands were working on Alison's socks!

Speaking of Alison's socks, on the way home the sock yarn for Alison's blue socks tried to make a run for it. It leapt from my bag, scampered across the aisle, and sought refuge with a gentleman seated one row back. I'm thinking this yarn is feeling rather hard done by, with the amount of frogging I've been subjecting it to.

This yarn is still plain blue... but I guess I'm getting used to it now. I tried an attitude adjustment, where I thought of it as a variegated yarn that just pooled *really* badly, but that didn't help. ;) However, both blue socks have heels now, so I'm in the home stretch.

Time for ER... later! (Weasley is a few rows longer too. :) )

4 comments:

~drew emborsky~ said...

Congrats on your award. I sure wish I could multi-task; I could get so much more finished each day!

noricum said...

Thanks. ;)

Yeah, but you'll notice that none of those multiple tasks were school or chores. ;)

~drew emborsky~ said...

Ah ha! That's where I'm going wrong!! :D

Anonymous said...

Ehhh....I'd argue that riding the exercise bike counts as a chore ;)