Monday, May 02, 2005

Wide Open Spaces

I finally told the computer services staff the other day that I didn't need the department assigned computer, since I prefer to use my personal laptop. They took it away today. It was a bit funny... the guy came, and I started taking my "stuff" off the monitor. He said that he wouldn't be taking the monitor, since they had lots. (What!?! I wanted my desk space back! I didn't want to store their stupid gigantic monitor!)
"Oh," I said, disappointed, "you're not taking it?"
"No, I only take what they tell me," says the student worker.
"Oh." *sigh*.
He asks "So, what's wrong with it, did it just die?"
"No, nothing's wrong," I said. "I never use it, so I though someone else could."
"Oh... I guess I'll take the monitor and stuff. I'll be back."
"With a cart?"
"Yes."

Computer bits disappear, and dust flies. I go get a damp paper towel.

*Wow!* Look at all that desk space!!! I bet it'll take me at least a half hour to clutter it up. ;)

6 comments:

Jewels said...

Clutter is highly under-rated...I cleaned my bookshelves awhile ago and organized them - do you think I could find the text I was looking for today? NOT,...I remember exactly where it was before I got my new bookshelves though, i.e. in the 2nd milkcrate from the left under the pile of term test papers, LOL

Jewels said...

I could NOT resist googling "GOGGLE GEEK"...sorry to break it to you - you were #5,
LOL

noricum said...

Only #5?!? And Goggle Geek came out of hiding today!!! *pout*

;)

Do you not keep your books sorted on the shelves? I have my fiction by author, my course textbooks by course number (yeah, I'm strange), and other texts by subject. But yeah, I use that other "organization" for most of my other stuff. ;)

noricum said...

Actually, the real problem with clutter in the office is that there's some really nasty dust gunk that settles on everything, and clutter is harder to keep low-dust than non-clutter. :P

I googled myself... without the quotes I wasn't on the first page (didn't try looking deeper), and with the quotes, I was second. Of course, you were probably using google.ca rather than google.com. Interestingly, most of the hits without the quotes seemed to be people who couldn't spell google. ;)

Anonymous said...

I googled "goggle geek" on http://www.google.com and you were 5th without the quotes, and first with the quotes.

Dunno what you typed... ;)

noricum said...

Hmmm... maybe it changes day by day... I just re-googled myself, and got the same results.