Monday, May 02, 2005

Weasley

FYI: Weasley is a jumper (sweater) from the Harry Potter movies. Ron's mother makes them with magic knitting needles, and gives them to all her kids (plus Harry). Here's a link to the Weasley knit-along. (I'm not part of the knit-along... I started after it was finished.)

Although the Rowan pattern has been discontinued (due to high royalty fees), you can still order the kits here. Be warned, though... these kits don't use Rowan Felted Tweed. The yarn is very nice, a 90% wool / 10% silk blend, but make sure you order enough kits to get sufficient yarn for your size. ;) (They only sell kids sizes, and the largest isn't quite large enough for me.) Also, since this yarn knits at a slightly different gauge, you'll need to do some calculations if you then want to make another from RFT. After ordering the kit, Johanna kindly mailed me a copy of the Rowan pattern that her LYS still had in stock, so I was able to compare the two.

1 comment:

sara said...

thank you! I had a feeling that's what you meant by "Weasly".