Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day

I wish I could be home with my mom, to give her a big hug and tell her how much I love her. I did talk to her on the phone this morning. She told me about her "first" mother's day with me, when I was a year and a few months old. My dad was away in Saudi Arabia. Mom was sitting in a lawn chair. Apparently I toddled partway across the lawn, picked three dandelions, and gave them to my mom. That was the first time I picked dandelions for my mom... and it happened to be on Mother's day. My mom still remembers.

I love my mom lots.

Although impatiens are totally impractical for Mother's day in Winnipeg, I planted my flowerboxes down here with them yesterday. So, for all you mom's reading my blog, here's some flowers for you:

flowers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the picture of the flower

and you don,t know who i am

noricum said...

Thanks! :)

(Neat... another Kelley/Kelli/Kelly... I'm meeting lots of Kellys! ;) )