Saturday, May 07, 2005

War of the Weasley, Part 4

Well, I finished off a ball on the size 4 needles. I managed to eek out about 26.5 cm, about 3 cm more than on the size 6 needles. Plugging that into my formula, I'll need roughly 7.6 balls of yarn. Including the contrasting colour, I have 7.4. Hmmm. Well, I think I'll chug along, and take my chances. I'll do the sleeves last... and if they have to be a wee bit shorter, well, hopefully my cousin won't notice the difference. ;)

Appropriately, I watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on TV while working on my Weasley. ;) (Hmmm... I don't think I noticed any Weasleys in this movie, though.) After finishing off one ball, I frogged the tiny bit that I had started on the size 3 needles, and carried on with that. Once I'm done with this ball, I'll start frogging the ball on the size 6 needles... and just work straight from the cloth. ;)

More progress on Alison's blue socks today... I've nearly got one done, just a few inches left. I spent quite a bit of time waiting for the bus over to Whole Foods and back, which translated into lots of crocheting time.

No comments: