Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Stocking candy

Today was the ritual bankrupting of my father in the candy store his friend owns. Not to worry... it's his idea, and "but we only do it once a year!" I'm the worry wart... ("Dad! Not so much of those ones! They're expensive!") The final result? A very heavy bag of candy for four stockings (me, my brother, my dad, and my dad's girlfriend), and a credit card with a $90+ charge on it! (Granted, about 75 cents was for the spices I bought for the Christmas Eve dinner I'm making...) Dad's friend was nice to him, and gave him 10% off. (So the real cost was up over $100! For candy!) Oh well... it's *really* *nice* candy. :) (Stuff by Jelly Belly...) I suppose my dad *could* be spending it on worse things. *sigh*

(Remind me never to tell my dad about my blog...)

Does my $10 donation to the local food bank balance out the $20 worth of candy in my stocking?

I just keep telling myself I can't control what he chooses to spend his money on.

I packaged up the two trackballs... the Logitech one will be going under the tree, and the MS one will be going back to Staples. I thought about wrapping the Logitech one, but it didn't seem right to wrap my own present... I suspect I may end up getting it unwrapped. ;)

Tony and I are going out shopping for backpacks tomorrow. I was going to just get my mom to drop us off and catch the bus home, but Dad's interested in coming too, so we'll all go in his car, and fight for parking. If Odie comes too, we'll have her handicap sticker, which will give us 4 hours of free parking. Downtown parking has jumped considerably in price since they built the new arena downtown. Bus fare isn't cheap either: $1.80 this year, and going up another 5 cents for 2005. And they wonder why no one wants to shop downtown... (I don't mind doing a bit of shopping when I transfer busses downtown, but I hate making a special trip for it.)

No comments: