Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Snowflake and Socks

I called up my professor (H) this morning, and we made plans for a late lunch. (I wasn't sure what time Bob would be back from the dentist... he had to get his crown put back on, because it fell off during the turkey dinner on Boxing Day.) I then remembered I had intended to make a snowflake for H for Christmas, and that I hadn't done so yet! I whipped up a quick snowflake (2 hours), and was ready by the time I had to leave to meet her. She loved it, so I'm happy. :) I didn't take a picture, but it was the same as one I've done before. (I did a repeat, since I knew it turned out nice previously, and I didn't have time to goof up.)

H gave me an origami-a-day calendar. When I pointed out that the origami in it was pretty trivial, she let me give it back to her to give to her kid, and she bought me a regular calendar instead. :) They were even 50% off, and I got to pick one I liked. :))

H and I had a nice lunch, then browsed McNalley Robinson together for a bit. We exchanged loaner books, and she let me use her discount card to buy some new ones. :) After making tentative plans for Thursday, we went our separate ways.

I went to the yarn store on Corydon, only to discover that it was closed for the holidays... due to open back up tomorrow. :P Peering through the window, they look worth stopping in if I'm in the area, but probably not worth driving half way across the city for a special visit. I may stop in on Thursday, since it won't be too far out of my way on the way back from meeting with H. We're planning on meeting at the conservatory at the zoo this time, which is also in the same direction.

Tonight I finished off the blue Kroy socks. The trim is quite cute (in my opinion), but you can't see it when I wear jeans, and they're quite thick wool (4 ply), so they'll probably be a bit warm for summer. :P I'll post photos tomorrow. It's late tonight, and I plan on wearing them tomorrow anyway.

I'm going to start V's socks tomorrow. They're the only project I have planned and have yarn (here) for. I think I'll stripe hers, rather than doing the trim at the top, since they'll also be the 4 ply wool. I should have enough of the rainbow yarn if I don't stripe until after the heel, or if I only do really skinny rainbow stripes. I hope.

I do need *something* to start tomorrow, because tomorrow's my fun, exciting dentist appointments for cleaning and two fillings. Gee... I buy myself the nicest Christmas presents.... And with one cavity on each side, I'm sure I'll be drooling from a frozen face for my party with friends from high school. Lovely.

No comments: