Sunday, December 05, 2004

Oxymoron

These past two days my state has been a bit of an oxymoron. I've felt both awake and tired. Feeling awake really emphasizes that I have indeed been feeling zombie-like for most of this term. It's a weird experience to "wake up". I suppose I should be a bit used to this by now, since it's happened before... I had the same experience half way through first year university, after toasting my brain on high school AP exams. I wish I knew how to wake up on command... it would be really helpful for the next time this happens.

I'm still tired though. Although I feel more capable of thought, I still want to nap. I'd be in bed already, but I baked banana bread for the holiday lunch, and it needs to cool before I can wrap it up. (It came out of the oven at 9, but last I checked it was still quite warm.)

I'm really looking forward to Christmas. I'm getting all excited about seeing my family, and being home. I can't wait to give them the presents I bought them. Unfortunately, I really should be concentrating on getting work done so that I don't have to feel bad about my lack of progress the whole time I'm home. *sigh*

Once again I didn't get any school work done this weekend, although I had the best of intentions. How can my brain wake up, but the rest of me feel so tired? I need to get back on my exercise bike. I really meant to today and yesterday, but still didn't manage it. Today I talked to my mom, watched a video while considering napping, showered, bought groceries, baked banana bread, and did another inch or two on my raglan sweater. I still need to finish my mom's socks (I'm about 1/4 done the second sock), and the scarf that I've decided I'm giving my dad's girlfriend. I haven't finished a painting I want to give my dad for Christmas... Suzanne didn't have time to come over this weekend, and I didn't work on it without her. I really should if I want to finish in time, but it's just more fun with company.

I did have a nice chat with Helen from down the street on my way back from grocery shopping. I'm going to bring her some banana bread tomorrow. I also gave Chung-Hui a call, and gave her some banana bread too. (I baked two loaves, so that I'd have one to "sample" in addition to the department one.)

I'm falling asleep in my chair, so I guess I'll wrap the banana bread up warm, and go to bed. I meant to make pudding and cole slaw tonight too, but that'll have to wait for another night. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with being energetic enough to make banana bread.

No comments: