Thursday, December 02, 2004

Doing better today

I think I'm starting to feel somewhat better. The Curasore sure is doing a good job on my cold sores, and either I'm feeling slightly less tired, or I'm better able to handle it.

However, this didn't happen to translate into me making progress on my dissertation.

This morning I was helping with Jack's class again, and we had a "field trip" to an interior design store that has lots of really neat paper. It was the last class, so we got some paper, and did some folding. For those who didn't have to leave right afterwards for another class, we then headed next door and had some gelato, and folded some more origami. By the time we caught the bus back to campus it was around 12:30. When I got in, I wasted some time talking to some friends, then at 2:00 I had a doctor's appointment to get the results of my tests. Turns out everything is normal. Then WHY do I feel like HIBERNATING?!?! He's upped my Prozac dose, and told me to come back next week. Joy. After my appointment I had a nice long nap, then went home and vegged all evening. I would have ridden my exercise bike, but it's "that time of the month", and I really didn't feel like riding with a diaper. :P Instead, I finished the yoke portion of the sweater I'm working on.

Oh... and I got my dad another stocking stuffer today. At the paper store they had a really neat piece of brown handmade paper with a printed design of a flock of birds flying from the lower left to upper right corner. I thought it would go great hanging in his new hunting shack. (Yes, the shack is a shack, although it's starting to look better.) If he doesn't like it, I'll find a place to hang it up in my apartment. ;)

Well, it's late, so I should head to bed. Hopefully I'll make decent progress tomorrow. If nothing else, I should finish looking at PXR, like I promised one of my committee members I would. (PXR is a protein I'm considering analyzing the rigidity of.)

I think I'll take an advil for my headache... no idea what's causing those either. :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a headache this afternoon too. Took some Excedrin and it's pretty much gone now though. Yay for Excedrin! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and by the way...you feel like hibernating 'cause it's cold outside, and that's what good furry mammals do in the winter. Oh wait...I guess that really only applies to bears and squirrels and such. ;)

-Paulina
(and that last comment was me, too...I just forgot to put my name)

noricum said...

But it's not cold here compared to Winnipeg... and I've been keeping it warm in my house and office... ;)

I knew that last one was you... the Excedrin gave it away. ;)