Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Quick post

One more quick post before bed. Tonight was fun... I finally got to go to the neighbourhood cookie party... the first time ever! I think the first year they had it the night before an exam, and ever after I've been out of town. It's amazing how many new neighbours have moved in since I lived here regularly... I hardly knew anyone! (Of course, some of the people I do know didn't come.)

This afternoon's shopping was a sucess... although it started quite a bit later than intended. (Yes, we did end up in some rush hour traffic, but it wasn't too bad at that point. And there wasn't any on the way back... wrong direction. Boy I'm glad I don't live in Transcona.) We stopped in at Future Shop, but they didn't have any trackballs. Then we tried Staples. They had two, but only had one of them on display, and high enough up that it was hard to try. The sales guy said the return policy was really great, and that we should take both home to try them out. So we did. (Crazy!) One was evil MS, the other Logitech. At first I thought the MS one would be nicer (it looked more ergonomic), but I'm finding I actually like the Logitech one better. That's nice, because it's $20 cheaper, and isn't made by an evil, world dominating company. :) (Or so says the Mac user.) We also stopped in at another computer store (no trackballs) where my dad got himself a laptop harddrive. (Boy, those things sure are small!) On the way back home we also popped into Wally World, where I got a pair of junk earrings with the right kind of stone to repair my grandmother's brooch. The brooch is one of those gaudy things that are back in style now, so she decided she'd like to replace the missing stone and wear it again. I'm the handy-dandy repair-woman. :) (I'm not going to let her pay the $7 for the stone, though. I figure I'll give the other earring to my stepsister April, who very likely has an odd number of piercings anyway.)

What else happened... well, no hbonds yet. However, I did start writing up one of my patterns. :) (Sorry Josie, I started with the raglan. ;) ) I've got the rows and stitches counted for the neck and yoke, and am trying to figure out how to describe the increases in the yoke. I'll do that tomorrow, along with the body and sleeves.

Speaking of tomorrow, I have more stuff planned with my dad. We're going out in the "morning... crack of noon" (his words) to get the groceries for Christmas Eve dinner (I'm cooking my shrimp pasta), and also to get the candy for the stockings. (My dad likes to go bankrupt buying candy from his friend's store for our stockings.)

Too much stuff to do... T and I still have to go out to buy my Christmas present too. (No time today, with the late start.) I just got an e-mail from him asking what we had agreed on. (My response: nothing so far.) Sheesh... it would be nice if my family could shop for me without me... I *really* do like surprises! Oh well, I shouldn't complain.

Well, now off to bed. That reminds me... every night just as I'm falling to sleep, I hear the wind chimes on the porch. My mom has several, and at least one of them is one of those fancy ones that sound like the real bells somewhere. (I can't remember where hers are from... Westminster, maybe? They look something like the chimes here.) They're *lovely*. I keep meaning to blog about them, but always forget once I'm up and about for the day. I've decided that when I have a real house, I'm going to have to have wind chimes where I can hear them as I fall to sleep. I must remember to ask mom what kind of chimes she has. Mmmmmmm. :))

No comments: