Monday, December 06, 2004

Pictures!

Time for more pictures! I'm too lazy to shrink, upload, and post them regularly, so here's a bunch of pictures that go with some of my recent posts.

This is my shrunken comforter:

For what it looked like *before* the most recent washing, click here.

Adventures in paper... here's a rhinoceros (design by David Brill) I folded from fancy paper I got from Paisley & Co.:

and this is the bird paper I bought for my dad:


I've made several more rows of progress on my raglan sweater:

The one that's being frogged is on the left, and the one on the right is the new sweater. (The blue yarn is marking where I did the increases... I want to leave the markers in until I start the sleeves.) The one on the left is way too wide, and is done in single crochet. The new one is done in half-double crochet. I don't like the texture as much, but the increases at the shoulders worked out better with the taller stitch. The new sweater was still a bit wide, so I've done some decreases since starting the body... hopefully it'll look nicely shaped. If not, I guess I'll start over for the third time! (And that's not counting the frogging I keep doing when I mess up turning at the join.)

Here are the most recent pairs of socks I've finished:


The rainbow pair is for me, and the gray pair is for my stepdad. (He has skinny legs, but I'm thinking the elastic is going to be too tight... I may have to pull it all out. We'll see when I go home for Christmas.)

It's been a while since I did snowflakes, but here's the one I haven't posted at all yet:

I should get around to making more... I want to give several as Christmas presents, and this is only my third! I made a few fancy boxes for them, out of brie packages:


And finally, here's my Christmas tree:

(Yes, I forgot about putting lights on... maybe I'll buy some next year.)

I hope I shrunk everything enough that this post doesn't clog anyone's dial-up connection... if anyone besides me still uses dial-up. ;)

2 comments:

pfirsch said...

Are you making up the sweater as you go along or are you using a pattern?

noricum said...

Once again, I'm making it up as I go along. I got the idea from another raglan pattern on the internet... it gave general guidelines on the construction. The turtleneck is my idea, since I wanted to avoid a square opening at the neck. You can find the guidelines here. She has more specific instructions on her page somewhere, but I can't seem to find them right now.

If the sweater turns out well, would you like the pattern for this one too? (I haven't forgotten about the other one... I will get to it! ;) )