Friday, December 24, 2004

Merry Christmas Eve

It's not yet time to go over to my dads. I wrapped the last of the presents, got a good crunch at the chiropractor, and went grocery shopping with the folks this morning.

I just finished whipping up three batches of gingerbread cookie dough, and they're now cooling in the fridge. My plan this year is to try to make a gingerbread treehouse. (I have a bad habit of trying to one-up myself each year.) I'm not sure if I was allergic to something, or it's just because flour was flying everywhere, but my nose is stuffed up. I can't wait until after my allergist appointment, when I get to take my antihistamines again. :(

Speaking of allergist, I decided to do pecans for my nut challenge test. I wasn't sure how many I would need, so I bought ten. (I need to remember to bring a nutcracker....) Pecans are popular in NC, so I should be able to get pecans without other nut oils added when I'm down there. I was going to try cashews, since they came up totally negative on my last test, but the only cashews at my local grocery store had added peanut and/or sunflower oil added. (Both of which I'm allergic to... and peanuts count as a second nut.) Pecans aren't my favourite nut, but I really like Turtles, so being able to eat them again is good. When I'm back in Canada next time, I'll do another nut that I like better. :)

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

No comments: