Thursday, December 16, 2004

Getting ready...

Well, I remembered a few more things to pack this morning (luckily they were small, so they fit), and one more thing I had to do... trim my hair! It wasn't too long yet, but it would've been too long by the time I get back. I think I managed to clog the tub drain a bit this morning... the hairs were short enough that they washed down the drain, rather than clumping on top, where I could collect them and throw them out. Oops...

There was definitely a hard frost last night. I went to put the recycling out this morning. When I tipped the bucket over to get the cans to drain, nothing came out. I thought it strange they were dry... when I looked, I saw that they actually had a thick layer of ice keeping the water in. Oops again. ;) The few impatients that tried to come through previous frosts were definitely dead this morning, and the strawflower was looking pretty toasted too.

I've washed my dishes, taken out the kitchen trash, dropped off my January rent cheque, and got some cash for the cab fare on the way back. I think I'm all set now. I just hope todays mail comes before I have to leave... and that the recycling gets picked up. I wasn't going to bother with recycling, but they were late this morning, and hadn't come by the time I was up. I'd like to bring the bin back in. I didn't have today's mail held on the hopes it would come early enough... I'd like to make sure there aren't any bills in it. (And see if there are any nice surprises in it! ;) )

Well, I guess I should get some work done before I leave. I'll be checking my e-mail while I'm gone, but I may not be posting much... too much visiting to do! ;)

No comments: