Monday, December 27, 2004

Late night blogging

Yay... I remembered to set the time to 12. (It's only 11 here in Winnipeg, but I've been leaving my posts set on Chapel Hill time.) I still haven't checked to see what happens at noon... or gotten around to sending in a bug report. I think I tried once, but the page was down. I'll get around to it.

I feel sorry for all those people living around the Indian Ocean... both for those that died, and those that lost loved ones and homes, and are trying to put the pieces of their lives back together. If you can help, the Red Cross is accepting donations of cash... which allows them to help faster than donations of objects. CBC article:

TOLL FROM TSUNAMI NEARS 24,000
The death toll from a tsunami that surged onshore in 10 countries
bordering the Indian Ocean neared 24,000 on Monday, as thousands of
soldiers searched coastlines for survivors.
FULL STORY:
http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2004/12/27/newer-tsunami041226.html

I think I'm having another kidney stone... not a big one, but enough that I have that familiar pain in my right side. Yuck. At least it's not too bad yet... and maybe it'll pass easily. I hate kidney stones.

Today I finished the sock part of my blue Kroy socks, and tonight added trim to one while watching a movie with my dad. (Although the trim took lots of looking at, so I didn't get much watching done... luckily, it was one of my DVDs, so I've seen it already.) I didn't add quite as much trim as I was planning, but I think it turned out pretty cute anyway. I'll post a photo when I've finished the second sock.

I also helped my parents shovel snow this afternoon. It was easy, since there was just a couple of light, fluffy centimeters of snow. After that we walked over to Dollarama (a dollar store), and I saw a friend along the way. It was really nice, because I haven't seen her for *ages*. I got to meet her husband and cute little kid too. We didn't stop for long, because it was rather cold out. We invited them to come over later today, but I guess they were busy. I should give her a call, and see if we can plan something more definite.

At Dollarama I bought two heat resistant spatulas (regular & spoon), and several classical CDs. So it was an expensive way to get exercise, but cheaper than if our destination had been something else, I suppose.

No comments: