Sunday, December 12, 2004

Hello again

Oooo! Neat sock alert:
http://www.bolgenlaw.com/2004/12/secret-socks-arrival.htm
These are knit, but it would be pretty easy to do the same thing in crochet! (Can you hear the wheels grinding in my head?)

I just read an article about my aunt's store (that my uncle scanned and sent to me). I haven't been able to get to the store yet, but I've seen some of the fabulous stuff she has there. If you're looking for something different to get people for Christmas, maybe you'd be interested in checking it out? (No, she doesn't know I'm posting this.) Here's the URL:
http://www.troikatreasures.com/

Today I went for a walk in a park with a friend, and then we went to Walmart, where I got sucked in by the evil known as "cheap dvds". *sigh*. I also bought the 63 Squares Afghan booklet (more for the stitches, than a real plan to make the entire afghan), and a how-to booklet on knitting. I know I can probably find the instructions online, but I like having them on paper in a bound form. But the real lesson here is that when my friend says "do you want to go to Super Walmart with me", the correct answer is *not* "sure, I need to get some dental floss." (It's not her fault... well, maybe just a bit, because she was the one suggesting we browse the cheap dvds, and I had initially planned to stay well away from that part of the store...)

No crochet yet today, unless you count the fact that I picked the embellishment out of my mitten, so now that project is officially done. :)

No comments: